Junior Systems Administrator
Department: IT and Information Security. Full time role
BDM Healthware is looking to hire an IT professional to work in our growing IT and Information Security team. You will report to the Manager of IT and Information Security. Some of the tasks involved in this role include the following:
- Assist staff with software and hardware related issues
- Create and maintain users in Active Directory and Google Workspaces
- Perform administration, maintenance and configuration of Windows and RedHat Linux servers
- Perform workstation, server and network appliance hardening, baselining and patching
- Basic configuration and ongoing maintenance of network devices and network security devices
- Monitor networks for security issues, investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics and documenting problems/resolutions
- Perform regular backup operations and work with technical personnel during disaster recovery and failover operations
- Write and interpret configuration scripts environments to help improve the reliability and consistency of our software deployments
- Create tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for internal and customer communities
- On call support as required
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical personnel
- Document activities and maintain accurate records in ticket tracking system
- B.S. Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 2-4 years of network or system administration experience
- Working knowledge Windows Server and RedHat Linux
- Working knowledge of virtualization, Hyper-V or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Servers and Azure
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies and concepts (TCP/IP, Switches, Firewalls and VPNs)
- Knowledgeable in Bash, Python, Perl and/or Powershell
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- This position may require travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America.
If you’d like to explore opportunities with an innovative team providing connected care solutions, please email us using the form below. Check back frequently for amazing opportunities!